Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fantastic Cheap Wine

By no means am I a wine connoisseur. I can't pick out the plum or oak notes in a red wine. I have no idea what it means to comment on the full-bodied or front notes of a merlot or pinot noir. HOWEVER, I know when I'm impressed with how something tastes...OR when the cost felt like a GREAT buy. I'm not a fan of wines that has a strong after taste...or one that seems to overpower whatever I am eating at the time.

Well...recently, I purchased DeCanal's "Montepulciano D'Abruzzo.," and loved it. It's a red from the Italian coast with a nice spice/fruit flavor. AND at $14.99 it was affordable and well worth the effort (I went to this little, out of the way store).

I'm told this wine is a perfect pairing with Italian/Greek food...but who cares...it's fabulous. Try it. You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. that's not cheap my dear. Good cheap wine is less than $10, preferably less than $8 and there are lots of those out there esp. from Spain, Argentina and Chile :) But if one has the budget, by all means gt the $15 bottle.

    ReplyDelete