Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Little KABOOM BOOM BOOOOOO....

Okay...a note to the self-proclaimed "cleaning enthusiasts," "OCD bleachers," and "Martha Stewart wanna-be's"....I am NOT a kindred spirit of yours...and I do not know the best kept secrets to a clean, organized house...HOWEVER...I do like to keep things in order and germ-free...as well as, like to find a product that helps cut cleaning time in half (or more). With ALL that said...this is not about what does work...and unfortunately about what does NOT work.

I recently saw the Kaboom Foam-tastic infomerical...and thought I had found the miracle cleaning aid..you know...the one that requires zero effort. Not only did the stuff not work...as far as what marketing promised...BUT it left a residue that was later detected when I spray Lysol Bathroom Cleaner on the areas I had "cleaned" with Kaboom Foam-tastic.

On the infomerical you see that the Kaboom Foam-tastic sprays on blue and when it turns white it's time to wipe off. Well, when I did this (a few times) I noticed some spots on my tub and sink that were not getting cleaned....so I decided to cover the area again with my fave bleach cleaner...and next thing I know...all areas were turning blue..ONLY I hadn't sprayed Kaboom Foam-Tastic..I had sprayed Lysol Bathroom Cleaner (with bleach). Ummmmmm.....gross. Residue from a cleaner???? really?

Needless to say...I can not and will not recommend Kaboom Foam-tastic...and of course this is my opinion and only my opinion...BUT if you want a truly great product...try Lysol Bathroom Cleaner. I think you purchase it for around $2.80 at Target.

2 comments:

  1. I hate the smell of kaboom as well. horrible. Here are my recommendations - Magic Eraser for tub and tile (includes a cleaning agent) and Biokleen concentrate (I can only find it at whole foods) which I mix with water according to the directions on the bottle. I also use the magic eraser for the toilet and occasionally just pour some bleach in the bowl and let it sit for a few seconds then flush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions Makee. I need try Magic Eraser.

    ReplyDelete